Food Buzz

Foodbuzz

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Have you ever found yourself in a Food Pickle?

One of my favorite food sites, http://www.food52.com/ has just added a great feature... it's called Food Pickle (because haven't we all found ourselves in a food pickle at one time or another?).

On this site you can ask your food related question - anything at all related to technique, ingredients, equipment, baking, substitutions, etc and the idea is that you would get a response to your question pretty quick.  I tested this out by asking a question about substituting an egg in a bread recipe when I realized (after placing half of the ingredients into my bread machine) that I was out of eggs.  Within 5 minutes I received an answer (I could use silken tofu, applesauce, ground up flax seed, and other options!).  I expect that even more experts will have their own ideas about what to substitute.  It is the readers, many of whom are chefs, foodies, or otherwise wrapped up in food, who provide the answers to the questions!  It's a brilliant idea.

Even cooler, Food Pickle is on Twitter!  Say you are at a grocery store and you aren't sure which pepper is hotter; habanero or jalapeno.  You could tweet your question to Food Pickle and get an answer before you hit the check out line.  I love this idea!

Have you ever been stumped by something related to food - try Food Pickle - I promise you won't be sorry!

Chow for Now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment