Food Buzz

Foodbuzz

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Birthday post and great restaurant discounts!

I am taking the day off from cooking because it's my birthday (happy birthday to me!) and it's too warm in my apartment to turn the stove on!  Actually I did cook a perfect fried egg this morning, and it was good, but that doesn't really count.

I did want to use this post to tell my friends and followers about some great websites where you can sign up to get delicious deals to restaurants, many of which you may not already visit because you can't or don't want to spend the money.  I've taken advantage of these deals often and you should too.  Most of these sites are giving deals in many major cities.  Check them out when you have a chance!

www.groupon.com
www.blackboardeats.com
www.socialbuy.com
www.livingsocial.com
www.bloomspot.com
www.atcost.com
www.restaurant.com

How it works:  Typically you go to the site, provide your email address and closest city name and they email you occasionally with great deals that you can either take or leave.  Not all of these are restaurant/food specific, occasionally there will be great discounts on spa, bowling, movie tickets, and more!  If you can't stand the idea of getting emails almost daily, create an email address just for these.  I promise, it's worth it.

Do you know of any other discount websites that have worked for you and helped you save money?  Please share here!

Chow for now!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment