Food Buzz

Foodbuzz

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Recipe finding made easy with tastespotting.com!

I don't know about you but I am always searching online for new recipes.  I may have an ingredient I want to use (rhubarb?) or maybe I'm looking for something very specific (banana chocolate chip pound cake, perhaps?).  What bothers me is when I find a recipe that looks interesting but the recipe provider didn't provide a picture of what it should look like. I may be creative with my food but I still want to know how "their" version came out.

Since I began writing my blog, I have been searching my fellow blogger websites for new recipes and have been inspired many times over.  Food bloggers are notorious for taking pictures of their food and posting with their recipes. 

Today, while searching for a recipe to make with chocolate chips, I found a new website that does the blog searching for you!  It's called http://www.tastespotting.com/


You can search by category, date, popularity or (my favorite) random.  Also,  you can type anything in the search box (try "coffee cake"... I promise you will drool) and you will get a selection of blogs/recipes to choose from.  Once you find a picture you like and click on it, a new window opens with the blog entry and recipe.  Easy as pie (or coffee cake)!

Next time you are looking for inspiration, or if you just enjoy looking at pictures of food, try clicking on "random" and see what you get (I just got recipes for brisket, cinnamon scones, dandelion greens salad and bacon wrapped shrimp. 

For the record, I am still not sure what I'm making with chocolate chips... many of the cake-like recipes called for sour cream and I am out.  I am trying to use what I have in my fridge and pantry.  Of course, I will keep you updated!

Do you have any favorite websites for recipe searching?  If so, please share!

Chow for now!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment